Sunday, January 5, 2014

Neca E.T. The Extra Terrestrial Galactic Friend E.T.


Neca E.T. Galactic Friend
Neca's E.T. Galactic Friend Series 1
Here is one awesome figure that brings back memories from a 1982 movie-E.T. which means Extra Terrestrial. I actually saw this Steven Spielberg film not on the big screen but on a betamax player! The unique look of this alien creature that represents ignorance, friendliness and good heart made me say "I want one!" I even remember my mother who calls my uncle E.T. because of his face resemblance which never fails to make every one laugh.

There were already E.T. toys in the 80s being sold in cinemas but of course not as good as the new ones. They come with a blinking finger and an illuminated heart between its chest. It was powered by a 9 volt square battery.


Neca E.T. Galactic Friend
E.T. Packaging

Okay moving on to the present...

On 2012, Neca has finally released an improved version of E.T. that comes with a simple packaging where the figure comes with a Reese's Pieces candies that does not actually tell it's the actual product because you can see it's only an orange candy package. Maybe it had some issues regarding copyright usage. Really?

I got this toy figure from eBay. The seller posted it as brand new but when I opened the box, the plastic package is sliced on the side which look like the figure was placed back.

It comes with an extra longer neck which I think is not necessary because it's only a half centimeter longer.
Neca E.T. Galactic Friend

Appearance:

This Neca E.T. figure stands 5 inches tall which looks great when you line him up with your 7" figures. The sculpt is awesome. You can see the reptile-like details when you look closer or using your camera's macro feature. The paint job on the big, blue eyes are amazing. It reveals how tamed this creature is. His left finger is painted with an orange spot on the tip which represents there is magic going on here. I have no issues regarding the overall shape of this figure. It's closer with that you see in the movie.

Articulation:

This Neca E.T. figure can be move to its normal poses considering his actual body structure. He has a ball-joint head and neck, swivel-hinged shoulders,  hinged elbows, swivel-hinged wrist and a swivel legs.

Neca E.T. Galactic Friend
Side view shot
Neca E.T. Galactic Friend
Searching for Reese's Pieces Candies
Alfred Neuman E.T.
DC Direct's Alfred E. Neuman (Just-Us League) with Neca E.T.



Verdict:

I do recommend this nice Neca E.T. figure. It will truly look great in your shelves. You can enjoy many poses as you team him up with your other movie character figures. Definitely having E.T. around is fun. It was priced fair enough for me considering the detailed sculpt and paint jobs along with the basic articulations you can expect from an alien creature like E.T.

Overall score:

Sculpt: 9/10
Paint: 8/10
Articulation: 9/10
Likeness: 9/10
Accessories: 6/10
Sex appeal: 10/10



11 comments:

  1. nice!! want this for my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember ET toys with lighting hands were popular in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute , I want this for my desk :) love your site ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. for sure this will be good for collectors for they will love the look of this toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suddenly felt nostalgic after reading your post. I am also fan of Steven Spielberg's ET, and just like you, I also saw this movie in betamax. I'm really glad to know that toys like this exist so we can bring in happy childhood memories when we feel like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Somehow toy collecting confuses us how old we really are inside :-)

      Delete
  6. Looks cute!!! Thanks for the detailed description! And keep on writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also had one just like this! Not sure if mine is authentic though :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brings back the memories of the ET Movie, I love your very clear photos of ET!

    ReplyDelete